Monday 4 April 2011

Edinburgh Weekend

 21 - 23 January
Edinburgh Castle
Well after approximately 5 months with my first client, I am getting a new one. So I thought that while I had a little time off, I would go on a spontaneous holiday! I decided to go on a 3 day weekend tour of Edinburgh and the Scottish highlands. The tour left from London and included train travel, accommodation and sightseeing. See here for the itinerary. I was the only native English speaker on the tour - everyone else spoke either Spanish or Portuguese, and there was an Indian couple too!Unfortunately I couldn't do the Da Vinci Code tour on the third day, as the trains left earlier on that weekend due to scheduled track maintenance. WHEN I go back to Edinburgh, I would love to do that tour :) I did go to a local restaurant and have haggis though - it wasn't too bad actually, considering what it's made off! I had a great time in Edinburgh, and definitely recommend the tour group International Friends.

Our Edinburgh tour guide :)

The gate of Holyrood Palace


















Hamish! The Highland Cow
Black Mount Estate - so pretty

Loch Ness, and Urquhart Castle

Sunset over Loch ness - view from the boat

Nessie totally exists!

The new man in my life :p

Haggis

The 'Conan Doyle' 

0 comments: