Sunday 17 April 2011

About Time

I have finally finished three cross stitches - one I started before August! I finished a birth sampler, for one of my ex-clients, and now friend. Her son, Samuel was born in August and he is absolutely adorable. I think he looks very much like his daddy, but with his mummy's eyes :) I think the sampler will have to be a 1st bday present :p

The second one I finished was a bookmark of Scottish thistles that I picked up from Loch Ness. The thistle is the national flower of Scotland, as it helped alert some local clansman of an enemy army, who stood on a thistle in the dead of the night. This website explains it a bit better :) I currently keep the bookmark in my Kindle cover - even e-readers need a bookmark too!





The third one I finished isn't actually a cross stitch. It is a hardanger design. I have never done one of these before. I had a bit of trouble with the 'woven bars with picot and dove's eyes'. I didn't do the picot at all, as it was too difficult, and I didn't like how it looked when I did try it :P I'm not overly happy with the dove's eyes either, as they look a bit odd, where I have started and finished them. I took a picture of how much I completed everyday...






finished!!

0 comments: